OK today, I have started updating http://dasblog.info for the new 1.9 info and I thougt there would be no better time to try out Windows Live Writer.
(Windows Live™ Writer is a free, downloadable beta program from Microsoft that will help you include rich content in your blog posts and know exactly what your blog will look like.)
Well I love Windows Live Writer but today's postings were not as easy as I thougt they would be!
Everybody is raving about Windows Live Writer, and it is great but it does have some pros and cons.
- You can include images without an FTP upload setup. (yawza that beats Blogjet here!)
- Super easy to setup with dasBlog 1.9 (but not hard with earier versions)
- There is no easier blog post engine, and I have tried about 20...
Cons: If these are fixed I will be a super WLW fan!!!
- You can't refresh the category list - (the only thing I was able to do to get a refresh was delete the blog site and reinstall, apparently this only happens if you have a big cat list!)
- The category list just scrolls on and on down the page, - (I can live with that?)
- You can't add a new category with a post -(this is very important to me, as I use categories as menu items at http://dasblog.info and almost every item has a new category)
- You can't delete a post, -
Deleting would not be important, but the system throws an error if you manually delete a post at the blog site and then try to repost the same data again from WLW. You can work around this by cycling to another blog account and back and the WLW post id will clear.
- You can not include png images??? - (I could not include the new dasblog png badges in a post today!)