(I don't usually repost from www.Dasblog.info or www.Dasblog.us, but this is one cool and important post!
Thanks to Eric Appel.
How-To Setup DasBlog for Development Using Visual Studio 2005
1. Get the latest dasblog source. See information here
2. Setup your virtual directory for newtelligence.Dasblog.Web and set it to use ASP.NET 2.0
3. Open “Dasblog All.sln” in notepad and modify the url for the newtelligence.Dasblog.Web project to point to your virtual directory.
4. Download and install the Visual Studio 2005 Update to Support Web Application Projects.
5. Download and install the latest version of Visual Studio 2005 Web Application Projects. You can read about it here http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2006/05/08/445742.aspx and here http://webproject.scottgu.com/.
6. Open Visual Studio 2005 and go to File->Open Project/Solution
7. In the dialog, browse to your “Dasblog All” solution file and open it.
8. The Visual Studio Conversion Wizard will pop up.
9. After hitting next you will have the option to have the wizard create a backup of your project.
10. Finish the wizard. The wizard should complete successfully without any errors.
11. Go to your web.config file and add cookieless=”UseCookies” to the <forms> element. Read here for more information
12. In the Solution Explorer in Visual Studio 2005 click the Show All Files icon. In the newtelligence.Dasblog.Web project right-click on the StringTables folder and select Include in Project. Do the same for the site.config file in the SiteConfig directory. You also may want to include other folders such as bin, content, and logs.
13. Modify the site.config and site.config.deploy to point to your virtual directory
14. Modify siteSecurity.config to setup your admin account.
15. Set directory permissions as you would for any other dasblog setup.
16. Rebuild Solution.